As some of us snuggle in to recharge and enjoy some quiet peace during this reflective time of year, while others are eagerly hunting the best deals online for Boxing Day, I wish to extend a grateful thank you to each and every individual this newsletter reaches.
Be it our patient base who continue to trust and choose us for care, our partners in both local health and small business communities striving for sustainable health, or the many who follow us across multiple platforms sharing our content, it is appreciated more than this newsletter can express.
As we come to the end of 2023, Level Osteopathy wishes to share some highlights thanks to all of you.
We successfully reached out, aided, and shared the hard work put into Child Grief with The Lighthouse for Grieving Children, a local non-profit organization which receives no government funding yet continues to help families in tremendous ways.
We also partnered with Kerr Street Mission, a local food bank where, alongside other local businesses, we were able to fill their shelves this winter season!
You also kindly nominated and awarded us the Readers Choice Award for Best Osteopathic Clinic 2023 in The Oakville Beaver as well as Communities Votes Top Osteopath in Oakville for 2023 due to the challenging cases we patiently cared for this last year.
We are once again nominated thanks to the communities of Burlington for Community Votes Burlington 2023. If you have a moment to vote either for us or other fantastic individuals, you can do so with the link here!
Gratitude has been on our mind as of late. As some know, we aim to be mindful, and gratitude practices are a large part of that! Here are 5 gratitude practices to take into the new year!
1. Gratitude Journal: Start or end your day by writing down three things you are grateful for. They can be big or small, from a kind gesture by a stranger to a major life event. This practice helps to shift your focus from what's wrong to what's right in your life.
2. Mindful Moments: Take a few moments each day to be present and appreciate your surroundings. It could be enjoying the warmth of the sun, the taste of your coffee, or the sound of birds chirping.
3. Gratitude Jar: Get a jar and some pieces of paper. Each day, write down something you're grateful for and put it in the jar. Over time, you'll have a collection of positive moments to look back on when you need a boost.
4. Gratitude Letters: Write a letter to someone who has made a positive impact in your life. Express your appreciation for them and, if you feel comfortable, share the letter with them.
5. Gratitude Walks: Go for a walk and make it a point to notice and appreciate the beauty around you. This could be nature, architecture, or people interacting. This practice combines physical activity with mindfulness and gratitude.
Lastly, as we tie a bow on this year, allow me to give you some updates to the clinic for 2024!
1 - We will be adding to our hours in Oakville, to better accommodate each and every one of you!
2 - We will slowly be restarting our podcast which will include some of the greatest minds in the area to discuss and answer your questions. Stay tuned for more details.
3 - I promise to come up with new material for my corny dad jokes and one-liners.
Remember to book your appointments in advance for maintenance and follow-ups!
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!
Stefan Cvijetan & Family.